Venture Sailing Club of Dallas
VENTURE SAILING CLUB OF DALLAS
Welcome to the Venture Sailing Club of Dallas.
We are a non-profit organization that began in 1968 and continues on today with principal owners of Venture/MacGregor sailboats and other trailerable sailboats. We also include and invite lakelocked non-trailerable boats up to 30 feet in length. Activities of the VSCD include sailing, cruising, racing, regattas, meetings, seminars, lessons, programs, socials and picnics. We currently meet the 3rd Tuesday of each month at a different restaurant with road trips by members making recommendations for new meeting places. Please see our calendar of events below and join us for fun and fellowship about the different adventures and sailling experiences.
We publish a monthly newsletter for current members. The membership fee is only $30.00 a year for your family. This membership fee invites your family and friends to join in on all scheduled and unscheduled activities that may take place at a moment's notice. This may include local lake cruises, full moon cruises on various lakes in the Dallas area, road trips to areas such as the Galveston Bay, Lake Texoma island cruises, and other areas of interest.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
See calendar of events tab for the calendar.
Calling all Trailerable Sailboat Owners
You’re in good Company!
Now: Ask yourself these questions:
1. Do you know the tricks that really make your boat perform?
2. Does your boat sail poorly on one tack or the other, or both?
3. Would you enjoy sailing more if your spouse learned more about it? Or wasn’t so afraid of heeling?
4. Would you like to fix or upgrade your boat the right way? The first time?
5. Can you easily trailer and sail your boat regardless of wind or weather?
6. Do you like to go places? Do things?
7. Do you Meet other sailboat owners with a similar interest?
If the answer to any of the questions is YES!
Then the Venture Sailing Club of Dallas wants to hear from you!
We are one of the oldest and most experienced sailing clubs in the United States, and located right here in Dallas, TX. As an active non-profit sailing club since 1968, we know the techniques that help you get full enjoyment out of an active sailing lifestyle.